So remember how we have been in a housing crisis these past few weeks. Well it almost got worst, cuz we just about lost the super nice house we found. We finally got the money and everything to pay for it, cuz we went straight to the offices to get things figured out, so in order to pay our pension, the house, and our monthly allowance, I got handed 4,000 Bs in cold hard cash haha. Needless to say, walking in the street with that much money in my backpack, made me a little bit nervous haha. But when we went to the landlord to pay for the house to move in, she told us that the apartment was already occupied. Talk about a dagger in the heart! We were so stoked to get our own place, and then in an instant it went up in flames. Me and Elder Chacon were like super depressed after that, and we had to go about our day like usual. At that point I was fried haha. But I said a prayer, that somehow, someway, we would be able to move into our own house. This all happened at about 2 pm.
About 5 hours later, at around 7, we were just finishing up a visit with a less active member of our ward, and when we walked out of their house we saw our zone leaders up ahead in the street. We whistled them down, and they told us that the landlord called them back just a few minutes ago, and told them that the offer she had on the house fell through, and that if we wanted it, the house was ours!! There is only one word to describe that: Miracle. It literally was a miracle, cuz she told us before that it everything was in place. There is not a single doubt in my mind, that my prayer was heard, and answered. One of the many experiences here that has strengthened my testimony that the Lord knows each and every one of us.
So, we have a house! And its huge! Two bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen, a big bathroom, and a storage room. Now we just need to fill the house with stuff, haha we don't have anything! We have two beds (finally not sleeping on the floor), two closets, and that's it! Oh and one desk. So we just have stuff in one room, the rest are empty if you can believe that. But the room where we sleep looks awesome, and is super comfy, so I'm happy. Hopefully we will get the rest of our stuff this week, like our refrigerator, an iron, more blankets, a CELL PHONE (I'm a District Leader with absolutely no way to talk to my district haha), stuff like that! On the bright side, I am becoming a pro carpenter here in the mish! I've put together and built so many closets and beds, its becoming second nature haha.
| Here is where we lived for two and a half weeks. Living out of our suitcases in this tiny room... |
In other news, I caught word that Cosmos is blowing up in the Baptism department. There was a Baptism last week of one of the investigators we found, and three more this last Saturday! Thankfully I was informed of the one on this Saturday, and got permission to attend! It was awesome to see all the work in Cosmos finally payed off! I may not be in the ward, but we worked hard to get it where its at right now. And even President Dyer came to the Baptism too! At the end he pulled me aside and said, "Elder Sehestedt, I just want to thank you for what you did here in Cosmos. The ward wouldn't be where its at right now without the work you did, and these baptisms wouldn't have happened either." That was probably one of the coolest moments here in the mission, to know that I helped and made a difference. Cuz truth be told, a lot of times you feel like you are beating your head against a brick wall, and nothing is happening haha. But it's great to see that things in Cosmos are going well!
![]() |
| Here are the three that got baptized on Saturday. Juan (10), Hector (13) and Teresa (16) |
| Here is the group baptism pic. Juan, who is to the left of me in one of the pics, is the husband of Gaila, my old pension. He is also the Young Mens President in Cosmos, so he baptized Hector. |
| Another group pic with President Dyer as well. |
That wraps it up this week. Hope everyone is well back at home! I miss you and love you guys! Wish me luck here in Rosedal, hopefully we can get things rolling here! Talk to you next week!
Love,
Elder Sehestedt
| A pic from waaaaaay far away up in my area, overlooking the main part of Cocha. |
| Here is a pic from the Family Home Evening we had last night with the Mercado Family. They are all members except for the Dad. All six of the missionaries from Rosedal were there, so it was fun. |
| You ever ridden a Mechanical bull in Bolivia? I have. Haha and I am horrible at it. I disgraced Lehi with my lack of rodeo skills. |
| Last week we played Beach Volley, it was awesome. Here is our team, who was undefeated! |
| Hermana Mullisaca (I think.... look at here plaque if your interested haha) from La Paz, Van Horn (Financial Secretary), Me, and Elder Herndon (Secretary to the President). We dominated everyone haha. |

No comments:
Post a Comment