Monday, July 29, 2013

What a Cambio!

We officially having our cambios now, and man did they drop a bomb on me this time!!  It's one of the crazier cambios I've heard in a long time!  But here is what is going down.  I am leaving Cosmos, which is kinda sad, but kinda cool at the same time.  I love the members there and I will miss them alot, but our investigators were so stressful haha, they don't want to do anything.  Faith requires action you know? But I will be going to a new zone, Cobija (Co-bee-ha), which is still here in Cocha.  I will be opening up an area, which means that missionaries haven't been in that area before, so we are basically gonna start from scratch.  In addition, I will be training!  So I have to teach my companion how be here in the mission.  AND on top of all that, I've been called as a District Leader, so I will be in charge of a district of about 3 maybe 4 companionships, and every Tuesday I have to give a class to my district.  Nuts right?  Talk about a giant leap in responsibility!  From Senior companion, to District Leader, Trainer, and opening an area.  Kinda crazy, but I am excited for the opportunity!  I won't be off to Cobija until tomorrow night, so I got a little time to pack and say goodbye to everyone!

Also, Cosmos will be getting a companionship of sister missionaries, so Cosmos is going to share the ward with Elders and Sisters.  But they told us that on Thursday, so we had to go to work looking for a house for the sisters to stay in!  But what we finally had to do was this:  The Elders will be moving out of our current house, and the Sisters will move in, and the Elders have to move a little bit out of the area and share a department with the Elders from Petrolero, which is the area right next to us.  Anyway, it was kind of a huge fiasco, and kinda sucks for the Elders of Cosmos now.  Good news though:  I'm bailing out of here and don't have to worry about it haha.

Looking for a house for the sisters occupied a huge chunk of our week, so not a whole lot to report on.  Obviously the most exciting news was cambios.  I'm trying to think of what else went on, but nothing is coming to mind.  Just a normal week, and now I have to prepare myself for  whole new experience in Cobija.

Hope everyone back home is enjoying their summer, its coming to and end fast, which means that here we will finally be out of winter! Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.  I miss you and love you guys!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt

We took this pic last Tuesday, right before the cambios took place.

Here's the whole zone before the cambios


The flag was from Elder Ramos, and he left the zone to go to a different part of Cocha, so he had everyone write on a flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment