How did everyones fourth of July go? Hope you all had a good time,enjoyed some BBQ and fireworks. Here it was quite the uneventful day, cuz the gringos weren't allowed to leave the house! Apparently there was some problems with the President of Bolivia, Evo Morales, and the US. Evo wasn't allowed to land his plane in a bunch of countries in Europe, cuz the US told those countries some spy could be on board his plane. So he had to fly around forever, and basically got embarrassed, and so he decided to throw all the blame on the US of A. I obviously don't have all the details, but I'm sure you could Google it and find out. (Here's the link) Moral of the story though, we didn't do anything on the 4th of July, thanks Evo.
On Tuesday we were able to go to the Temple! So that was super cool. We had to wake up at 5am though, so that was pretty brutal, and staying awake was quite the challenge sometimes haha. But it's always cool to go to the temple with all the missionaries and be able to see all of your friends. I'll send some pics that we took in a little bit.
On Wednesday we had a super cool zone activity. Some of us got together to try to find more investigators to teach, cuz the mission here now has the goal to double the amount of baptisms we have. So our goal is 1,000 baptisms by the end of October! So now we are starting to get more creative so we can find and teach and baptize more people. But what we did is we had two Elders put on cardboard posters, one was the Bible and the other was the Book of Mormon. And so the two with the posters would just go and talk to everyone and initiate the conversation. Then the other companionships would follow up behind and teach them a little, answer questions, and take down their address. And most of the time I was the Book of Mormon haha, so it was pretty cool. We were just meant to draw attention and get people interested, and then the others would come in and take over, it was way fun! I have some pics of the activity too, so I'll send those in a bit!
Not much went on other than that. It was a quick week, with unfortunately not a ton of success. Crazy that I'm just over a week away from having 9 months in the mish, that just seems like a ton of
time!
Anyway hope all is well back home, and everyone is enjoying their summer! Miss you guys!
Love,
Elder Sehestedt
Quick Q & A Time..
How are you this week? Feeling good? Are you sure you were just randomly asked to go to the hospital last week for a check up or have you been being sick? I'm not sure I'm buying it. :)
Haha no for real, all of the missionaries have to go to the hospital every once in a while and get a check up basically.
How is the weather there? Are you still freezing?
The weather here is kinda weird, really cold in the morning and then it gets pretty dang hot during the day.
When are the next transfers?
Next transfers are in three weeks!
On Tuesday we were able to go to the Temple! So that was super cool. We had to wake up at 5am though, so that was pretty brutal, and staying awake was quite the challenge sometimes haha. But it's always cool to go to the temple with all the missionaries and be able to see all of your friends. I'll send some pics that we took in a little bit.
On Wednesday we had a super cool zone activity. Some of us got together to try to find more investigators to teach, cuz the mission here now has the goal to double the amount of baptisms we have. So our goal is 1,000 baptisms by the end of October! So now we are starting to get more creative so we can find and teach and baptize more people. But what we did is we had two Elders put on cardboard posters, one was the Bible and the other was the Book of Mormon. And so the two with the posters would just go and talk to everyone and initiate the conversation. Then the other companionships would follow up behind and teach them a little, answer questions, and take down their address. And most of the time I was the Book of Mormon haha, so it was pretty cool. We were just meant to draw attention and get people interested, and then the others would come in and take over, it was way fun! I have some pics of the activity too, so I'll send those in a bit!
Not much went on other than that. It was a quick week, with unfortunately not a ton of success. Crazy that I'm just over a week away from having 9 months in the mish, that just seems like a ton of
time!
Anyway hope all is well back home, and everyone is enjoying their summer! Miss you guys!
Love,
Elder Sehestedt
| Group Photo of the Activity |
![]() |
| More from the Activity |
![]() |
| In the Market |
![]() |
| Here's Roth, Knight, Me and Van Horn. The Fearsome Foursome. |
![]() |
| With my two favorite gringos in the mish. (Elder Roth & Elder Knight) |
Quick Q & A Time..
How are you this week? Feeling good? Are you sure you were just randomly asked to go to the hospital last week for a check up or have you been being sick? I'm not sure I'm buying it. :)
Haha no for real, all of the missionaries have to go to the hospital every once in a while and get a check up basically.
How is the weather there? Are you still freezing?
The weather here is kinda weird, really cold in the morning and then it gets pretty dang hot during the day.
When are the next transfers?
Next transfers are in three weeks!






No comments:
Post a Comment