Pretty crazy to think that I have been in the mission for nine months now. I can still remember getting dropped off at the MTC, and getting of the plane here in Bolivia. Time really has gone by way fast, and next month I hit double digits! Aw yeah!
Really the most interesting thing this week is that I had to do immigrations. So I had to go to some government building to basically tell them I've been here illegally and pay a huge fine haha. My visa that I got for Bolivia, turns out its only for 30 days. I've been here for over 200 haha. But thats normal here, everyone has to do it basically, its just weird in my opinion. But I applied for a 1-year visa, so we don't have to pay more fines and stuff. But I ended up paying 4100 Bs in fines (that's $593 US), nuts right? Obviously not out of my pocket, the mission had to pay for it, but that's still a lot! But it was just me and Elder Roth that had to go, so it was cool to hang out with him for a little, and laugh about all the money we had to fork over.
Aside from that not much has gone on. Today we are going to go play soccer against another zone in the mission, so that should be interesting haha. But with our pension, Gaila, we are gonna make pancakes tonight, and for some reason I'm way more excited about pancakes than I should be haha. Just little things like that that remind you of home are cool here.
Anyway, hope everyone is doing well back at home. Say some prayers for us as a mission if you remember. We have a goal to double the amount of baptisms we have here in Cocha, so thats a pretty intense goal, but everything is possible here in the work of the Lord. Miss you and love you guys!
Love,
Elder Sehestedt
Really the most interesting thing this week is that I had to do immigrations. So I had to go to some government building to basically tell them I've been here illegally and pay a huge fine haha. My visa that I got for Bolivia, turns out its only for 30 days. I've been here for over 200 haha. But thats normal here, everyone has to do it basically, its just weird in my opinion. But I applied for a 1-year visa, so we don't have to pay more fines and stuff. But I ended up paying 4100 Bs in fines (that's $593 US), nuts right? Obviously not out of my pocket, the mission had to pay for it, but that's still a lot! But it was just me and Elder Roth that had to go, so it was cool to hang out with him for a little, and laugh about all the money we had to fork over.
Aside from that not much has gone on. Today we are going to go play soccer against another zone in the mission, so that should be interesting haha. But with our pension, Gaila, we are gonna make pancakes tonight, and for some reason I'm way more excited about pancakes than I should be haha. Just little things like that that remind you of home are cool here.
Anyway, hope everyone is doing well back at home. Say some prayers for us as a mission if you remember. We have a goal to double the amount of baptisms we have here in Cocha, so thats a pretty intense goal, but everything is possible here in the work of the Lord. Miss you and love you guys!
Love,
Elder Sehestedt
No comments:
Post a Comment