Monday, June 17, 2013

That Would Be A Third

Well, as of today I am officially a third of the way done with the mission!  It's been 8 months since I got dropped off at the MTC, crazy that its already been that long!  Only 4 more months until I have a year, and from there what I've heard is that the time just disappears!

Now to the news everyone is waiting for:  Cambios.  Remember how last cambios totally wrecked our zone and sent half of them away?  Well this time, it was the exact opposite.  I think out of 18 missionaries in our zone, only 3 are leaving!  These are probably the most uneventful cambios that have happened.  And nothing changes with me. Still in Cosmos which I am super stoked about, and still with Elder Alvarez.  The other good news is that my buddies here in the zone are staying too, so I'm happy about that.  Oh and this change was the last one with Tarija and Bermejo.  As of tomorrow, Tarija and Bermejo, and all of the missionaries inside of those cities, belong to mission Santa Cruz South.  Kinda stinks I won't be able to go back to Tarija, that place is awesome!

Cambios were obviously the biggest piece of news in the week, and they tortured us last night and delivered them late.  We just sat there waiting for the phone to ring until 10:30!  It was a brutal wait!

The weather is started to get pretty chilly here in Cocha!  The mornings are just nasty, and when I have to wash clothes it sucks cuz the water is cold too, haha so I have defintitely had more fun. During the day it still heats up pretty good, and especially climbing our hill all day we sweat.  But just during the mornings and nights it gets cold.  And according to everyone, July is the coldest month here, so it sounds like I have to buckle up!

Last P-day we went and hiked up to the Chrst statue.  It was brutal! There are like 1500 stairs or something stupid like that, and when we are at almost 8000 feet in altitude, it's nasty!  But we all hiked up to the top and hung out up there and took some pics.  Then afterwards some of us went to an awesome restaurant called Paprika's.  It was pretty expensive, in terms of Bolivia, but my whole meal was about 11 bucks haha.  But they had Fettucine Alfredo!! And it was actually really good!  I was in heaven, and afterwards for dessert I got a raspberry cheesecake!  It was nuts, my mouth and stomach were going nuts!  It was a nice change from chicken, rice, and potatoes haha.

That's all for this week.  I love you and miss you guys!


Love,
Elder Sehestedt

This is the view from the Christ Statue over all of Cocha.  This was
an attempt to pinch the Temple way off in the distance, a little off,
but was super hard to do haha.


Elder Craig from Texas on the left, and Elder Roth from Utah in the middle
When we finally got to the top, and I died on the stairs.

Interesting tidbit about the Christ Statue....Cristo de la Concordia (Christ of Peace) is a statue of Jesus Christ located atop San Pedro Hill, to the east of Cochabamba, Bolivia.  It is accessible by cable car, or by climbing 2,000 steps. The statue is 112.2 ft tall, on a pedestal of 20.5 ft, for a total height of 132.7 ft. The statue is slightly larger than Christ the King in Swiebodzin, Poland  (if the 6.6 ft high crown of Christ the King is not counted) and Christ the Redeemer outside Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, making it the largest statue of Jesus Christ in the world. It is the third largest statue in the Southern Hemisphere, after the statue of Virgen de la Paz in Venezuela, and the statue of Saint Rita of Cascia in Brazil. The left hand of the statue points to the South, and the right points to the North.

Way too much backlight, but you get the idea.  Cheesecake with
raspberry sauce, so dang good!


No comments:

Post a Comment