Its that time again! P-day! So nice to have another break! Sorry it's a little bit late in the day, I've been busy. Only in the MTC are you busy on a day that you have off. And fun fact, this will be my last email from the Prove MTC! The next time you get on the computer to read an email from me I will be in Peru! This week actually went by pretty quickly, and it was about 100 times better than the first week. Not that anything spectacular happened, just that now my district is really close and we are finally starting to get the hang of things here. We actually just received a new district to our zone yesterday! It was funny to see how lost, confused, and overwhelmed they were. I only say it was funny because I know every single person in my district looked that same exact way on day one. But it was cool to get to know them a little bit. I'm actually a little disappointed to have to say goodbye to them in 5 days, but I'm going to help them as much as I can in the little time I have with them. What's really going to be hard is having to say goodbye to my district. There are 11 other Elders in there with me and they are a ton of fun to be with, I definitely wouldn't have survived my time here without them. While it will be sad to leave them, I am extremely excited for Tuesday! Me and the three other Elders (Humphrey, Voison, and Koenig) going to Bolivia wake up way early and have to report to the travel office at 6 am. Then I think our flight leaves at around 9:30 to Atlanta, then from Atlanta we fly to Lima! So Mom and Dad, be ready for a phone call Tuesday morning, you better be home! Should be pretty crazy, I'm a little nervous considering the entire MTC speaks Spanish, and I don't yet. But I'm sure I'll catch on quickly. To be honest I've starting typing some of these sentences in Spanish and had to go back and fix them in English.
Anyway today has been a much more UNeventful week than the first one, so I apologize if I don't write nearly as much. Because everything that was "crazy" last week, is now just normal. So a lot less things stick out. But that does mean that I am getting used to this place! Things are a lot less hectic it feels like, even though the schedule hasn't changed. We are now teaching two new investigators named Edgardo and Cristina. We have only taught them one lesson each, and they are way more difficult to teach than our first one Alberto. They just ask a lot more questions that require fairly deep answers. It wouldn't be so bad, but the fact that we have to speak Spanish is what makes it difficult! But it is very good practice for the field. On Tuesday Elder Don R. Clarke of the Seventy spoke to us at the devotional and that was really cool. He spoke in this last conference and he was also a mission president in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. He talked about how to become the best missionaries we can be and how we can change peoples lives. He focused a lot on finding lost sheep in the church and bringing them back into the fold.
Honestly I think thats about it. Like I said, very uneventful week, now it's time to prepare to go to Peru! Hopefully they will let me know what my address is down there pretty quickly so I can let you guys know! Oh and I do enjoy receiving the letters during the week! It is so much fun to get handed a letter during class! And it is waaaaay better than opening up my email to like a hundred messages! So keep up the good work! :)
"If God be for us, who can be against us?" -Romans 8:31
Love, ELDER SEHESTEDT
Anyway today has been a much more UNeventful week than the first one, so I apologize if I don't write nearly as much. Because everything that was "crazy" last week, is now just normal. So a lot less things stick out. But that does mean that I am getting used to this place! Things are a lot less hectic it feels like, even though the schedule hasn't changed. We are now teaching two new investigators named Edgardo and Cristina. We have only taught them one lesson each, and they are way more difficult to teach than our first one Alberto. They just ask a lot more questions that require fairly deep answers. It wouldn't be so bad, but the fact that we have to speak Spanish is what makes it difficult! But it is very good practice for the field. On Tuesday Elder Don R. Clarke of the Seventy spoke to us at the devotional and that was really cool. He spoke in this last conference and he was also a mission president in the Bolivia Santa Cruz mission. He talked about how to become the best missionaries we can be and how we can change peoples lives. He focused a lot on finding lost sheep in the church and bringing them back into the fold.
Honestly I think thats about it. Like I said, very uneventful week, now it's time to prepare to go to Peru! Hopefully they will let me know what my address is down there pretty quickly so I can let you guys know! Oh and I do enjoy receiving the letters during the week! It is so much fun to get handed a letter during class! And it is waaaaay better than opening up my email to like a hundred messages! So keep up the good work! :)
"If God be for us, who can be against us?" -Romans 8:31
Love, ELDER SEHESTEDT
No comments:
Post a Comment