It's tradition to carve pumpkins at our house. We couldn't leave Brandon out just because he is on his mission! Granted the Bolivia flag has a detailed emblem in the middle, but we were going for the overall "thought". 2 Weeks down, 102 weeks to go!
We love you Elder Sehestedt! Happy Halloween!
My friends gave me this adorable, soft Build-a-Bear missionary for my birthday. They had Brandon record a message to me. So when I push on his bear paw, I can hear Brandon's voice. It makes me cry, but it's soooo worth it! The battery may go dead before he gets home!

Hi! I was just Googling "Build a Bear missionary" since I was not able to buy them at the stores around my area recently, and came across the picture of the build a bear with the pumpkin with the Bolivian flag.
ReplyDeleteIt completely touched my heart. I am from La Paz, Bolivia and it was just beautiful to see that little bear missionary next to the flag of my beautiful country :) It seriously brought a tear to my eye :')
I hope your missionary has a wonderful time in Cochabamba. It is beautiful over there!! Right now, it's summer and from what I hear from family, it is super hot right now!! Nice compared to chilly SLC, Utah :)
Best of luck and tell him to enjoy the delicious food over there! Tell him to try salteñas (a type of Bolivian empanada), fricase (soup... MY FAVE!) and sopa de mani (another kind of soup).
I don't know you Elder, but BEST OF LUCK!!!! :)