My missionary bear and Jesus always sit on the desk by the entrance to my office. A reminder they are constant companions doing the Lord's work. As I walk by, I like squeeze my Brandon bear's hand to hear his recorded message to me. Being the character Brandon is, it seemed fitting to add a Santa hat and a backpack (like Brandon is using on his mission) and a heart in his pocket - because he'll always have my heart. I sent him a small Christmas tree (similar in size to this one) with tiny light and ornaments, tree skirt and a star to decorate. I also sent him a miniature nativity set. It will be a fun surprise when he finally gets to open his box. Brandon had to take his Christmas box/presents with him in his suitcase with strict instructions NOT to open it until he arrives at his new home in Bolivia. Nothing like having to look your big Christmas box for two months. The Raiders stocking? I couldn't just leave it all alone in the storage box! And it is a MUST to complete this Christmas decoration setting. It's sooooo Brandon. We all have matching red Christmas stockings. But of course, Brandon likes his Raiders stocking best and puts it out every year. Why stop now?
Another tradition we have is every year each family member purchases on new Christmas ornament. The ornament represents something significant or a basic theme of that past year. This was an obvious choice for Brandon's. Brooke was brave and happy to hang up all of Brandon's ornaments on our tree this year. The goal of this tradition is when the kids grow up and move out they will have at 18+ ornaments to decorate their own tree filled with many great memories.
Feliz Navidad Elder Sehestedt! We love & miss you!
Here is Elder Sehestedt's response to this post (I emailed him this post):
12/11/2012
Haha thanks mom! I'm glad my Raiders stocking still gets to see the light of day! Looks awesome, I miss all the Christmas music and decorations back home! But look on the bright side, only one more Christmas after this, and then I'm home, I'm basically done haha! I'm excited to open all of mystery boxes, I have no idea what any of them are going to be. What's the rule on which ones I open and when?
No comments:
Post a Comment