Only two more weeks here! There's a light at the end of this tunnel! I seriously can't describe how the time feels out here on the mission. The only word that comes to mind is "roto" (broken). The days feel like they take weeks. The weeks feel like they take only days. And now looking back at October 17 when I entered the MTC, that feels like 22 months ago! It's really bizarre! But its already December, which is also strange to think about. Especially since its about 75-80 degrees every day. Definitely not gonna have a white Christmas this year! Oh but guess what? Its a good thing I leave when I do, cuz if you are in the MTC over Christmas, you don't get to call home! So according to my travel plans I leave on the 19th, which means I just barely get in that deadline!
Anyway, I feel like my English is deteriorating. I can come up with words just fine, but I feel like when I type them out the words are out of order. Or I just say things that don't seem to flow. So if that's the case I apologize. The only thing I can say is buckle up, cuz once I hit the field it really will be Spanish 24/7, and that's when my English will really hit the fan.
Its been a pretty slow week here! We got a new bunch of Greenies here this week, so its always fun to patronize them. Kidding, but it is cool because they have zero idea what the heck is going on here so you can just drop knowledge and they think your awesome. The best is when we tell them stories about proselyting, because at that point you can almost smell the fear. Ok not really but its still a good time (small victories are important here in the CCM in case you haven't noticed). Other than that its been a slow week. No proselyting because of the new guys, but we will this Saturday, so hopefullly that will go well again!
Oh duh, I totally spaced last Tuesday! I sent my email that morning before we had really done anything, but during the day it was awesome! Tuesday really probably was the best day of the mission so far. Is that because we didn't have to do anything? Ya probably. But anyway we got to take a little tour of Lima central. We (18 missionaries and the mission president) hopped on this nice bus and drove about 30 or so minutes into the center of Lima. We hit some little stores where we got to barter down prices with vendors, so that was fun. I got a pretty sweet Peru soccer jersey for 20 soles, which is about 7 bucks, so that was sweet. Then we went to this old Catholic church and took a tour of it. I sent some pictures in other emails so hopefully you guys got those. But I think it was called the Museo de San Francisco. It was just funny cuz there were 18 Mormon missionaries in this tour group with other regular people, taking a tour of a Catholic church. We enjoyed the irony. After that we went to basically what is the city center. We got to see what is basically Peru's white house. Then we had about an hour and a half to walk around and do whatever we wanted. So we all just hit the streets and started looking for little stores to buy stuff from. It was hilarious though cuz we all stick out like you wouldn't believe. We are all like a foot taller than everyone, with white shirts and ties, and white skin. I kinda felt like we were a walking circus. There was about 6 or 8 of us walking together and I don't think I've ever been stared at more in my life. But it was cool cuz most of the people love Norte Americanos. We got asked for multiple pictures by random people, just cuz we were a bunch of white people. You might laugh, but I promise that is the case. We finally had to head back and get back on the bus and unfortunately return to the CCM. But what made it an extra great day is the fact that we were free to do anything until 9:30! Usually P-day is over by like 5 or 6, but it was a full day. So we got to play a ton of beach volleyball, then it was dark so we played fùtbol cuz the field is lighted. We probably played fùtbol for 2 and half hours. I was so dead afterwards. But its amazing what kind of contribution I was able to make with no Latinos stealing the ball from me. It was just 9 on 9, full American match, so basically the fact that we were all awful made it competitive. But, I just happened to get a HAT TRICK. That's right, three goals in one game. I know I know, I'm pretty cool. But it really was so fun, and one of my goals was a really sick header that went right in the corner, my team basically lost their minds at that point haha. But just like that it was over, and we had to go back to real life.
In other news we just got a new shipment of novatos (rookies, new guys) in last night. And one of them is from my old district in Provo! He was supposed to come with us to Peru but didn't get his visa. But he finally got it so he gets to be here for two weeks and then bail. I don't know if I've talked about him previously but his name is Elder Russon and he is awesome. So that's exciting!
Other than that its pretty slow like I said. Just got back from the temple and from shopping at Tottus. Shopping was awesome today cuz the store was all decked out in Christmas stuff and had like Peruvian Christmas music playing, it was pretty cool. I attached a picture of the spoils from today, a giant bag of animal crackers, 3 big packs of cookies and a gatorade all for about 11 soles, which is less than 5 bucks. Then I bought that llama corbata too, which was only like 6 dollars, so it was a good day! Now I get to just hang out and relax for the next few hours.
Hope everything is going well and you guys are getting ready for Christmas! Talk to you next week! Love you guys!
Here are some pics of the tour of Lima we took last Tuesday! These pics are from this really old Catholic church in Lima Central. I think its called the Museo de San Francisco or something like that? Anyway it was pretty cool and we all got to take a tour of it. It was funny because there was this group of 18 Mormon missionaries who were taking a tour of this Catholic church. Ironic right? Unfortunately we couldn't take pics inside, but we got to go into the catacombs where there were tons of bones and skulls! Kinda spooky but it was really cool.
After the tour of the church we went to this big city center. The building I'm standing in front of is basically the White house of Lima.
Just some more pics of the city center.
Here is just another super old church that is right across the street from the city center.
No idea what the yellow building is, but it seemed important.
Anyway, I feel like my English is deteriorating. I can come up with words just fine, but I feel like when I type them out the words are out of order. Or I just say things that don't seem to flow. So if that's the case I apologize. The only thing I can say is buckle up, cuz once I hit the field it really will be Spanish 24/7, and that's when my English will really hit the fan.
Its been a pretty slow week here! We got a new bunch of Greenies here this week, so its always fun to patronize them. Kidding, but it is cool because they have zero idea what the heck is going on here so you can just drop knowledge and they think your awesome. The best is when we tell them stories about proselyting, because at that point you can almost smell the fear. Ok not really but its still a good time (small victories are important here in the CCM in case you haven't noticed). Other than that its been a slow week. No proselyting because of the new guys, but we will this Saturday, so hopefullly that will go well again!
Oh duh, I totally spaced last Tuesday! I sent my email that morning before we had really done anything, but during the day it was awesome! Tuesday really probably was the best day of the mission so far. Is that because we didn't have to do anything? Ya probably. But anyway we got to take a little tour of Lima central. We (18 missionaries and the mission president) hopped on this nice bus and drove about 30 or so minutes into the center of Lima. We hit some little stores where we got to barter down prices with vendors, so that was fun. I got a pretty sweet Peru soccer jersey for 20 soles, which is about 7 bucks, so that was sweet. Then we went to this old Catholic church and took a tour of it. I sent some pictures in other emails so hopefully you guys got those. But I think it was called the Museo de San Francisco. It was just funny cuz there were 18 Mormon missionaries in this tour group with other regular people, taking a tour of a Catholic church. We enjoyed the irony. After that we went to basically what is the city center. We got to see what is basically Peru's white house. Then we had about an hour and a half to walk around and do whatever we wanted. So we all just hit the streets and started looking for little stores to buy stuff from. It was hilarious though cuz we all stick out like you wouldn't believe. We are all like a foot taller than everyone, with white shirts and ties, and white skin. I kinda felt like we were a walking circus. There was about 6 or 8 of us walking together and I don't think I've ever been stared at more in my life. But it was cool cuz most of the people love Norte Americanos. We got asked for multiple pictures by random people, just cuz we were a bunch of white people. You might laugh, but I promise that is the case. We finally had to head back and get back on the bus and unfortunately return to the CCM. But what made it an extra great day is the fact that we were free to do anything until 9:30! Usually P-day is over by like 5 or 6, but it was a full day. So we got to play a ton of beach volleyball, then it was dark so we played fùtbol cuz the field is lighted. We probably played fùtbol for 2 and half hours. I was so dead afterwards. But its amazing what kind of contribution I was able to make with no Latinos stealing the ball from me. It was just 9 on 9, full American match, so basically the fact that we were all awful made it competitive. But, I just happened to get a HAT TRICK. That's right, three goals in one game. I know I know, I'm pretty cool. But it really was so fun, and one of my goals was a really sick header that went right in the corner, my team basically lost their minds at that point haha. But just like that it was over, and we had to go back to real life.
In other news we just got a new shipment of novatos (rookies, new guys) in last night. And one of them is from my old district in Provo! He was supposed to come with us to Peru but didn't get his visa. But he finally got it so he gets to be here for two weeks and then bail. I don't know if I've talked about him previously but his name is Elder Russon and he is awesome. So that's exciting!
Other than that its pretty slow like I said. Just got back from the temple and from shopping at Tottus. Shopping was awesome today cuz the store was all decked out in Christmas stuff and had like Peruvian Christmas music playing, it was pretty cool. I attached a picture of the spoils from today, a giant bag of animal crackers, 3 big packs of cookies and a gatorade all for about 11 soles, which is less than 5 bucks. Then I bought that llama corbata too, which was only like 6 dollars, so it was a good day! Now I get to just hang out and relax for the next few hours.
Hope everything is going well and you guys are getting ready for Christmas! Talk to you next week! Love you guys!
| Elder Hudson (companion) and Elder Sehestedt |
Here are some pics of the tour of Lima we took last Tuesday! These pics are from this really old Catholic church in Lima Central. I think its called the Museo de San Francisco or something like that? Anyway it was pretty cool and we all got to take a tour of it. It was funny because there was this group of 18 Mormon missionaries who were taking a tour of this Catholic church. Ironic right? Unfortunately we couldn't take pics inside, but we got to go into the catacombs where there were tons of bones and skulls! Kinda spooky but it was really cool.
After the tour of the church we went to this big city center. The building I'm standing in front of is basically the White house of Lima.
Just some more pics of the city center.
Here is just another super old church that is right across the street from the city center.
No idea what the yellow building is, but it seemed important.

No comments:
Post a Comment