Sorry for showing up late today
(it was 4:00pm when his email arrived). We took a field trip to the Christ Statue (again), and spent a bunch of time up there. We hiked up all the stairs to get there (again), which wasn't the funnest thing ever, just like the last time haha. But I'm here now, a little sunburnt, but here.
It was a pretty good week this week. Me and Chacon had our first Baptism together this week in Thursday. He's a security guard named Natalio, and he always works in our area. He lives in another area, but since he is always here in Rosedal, we teach him. So he got baptized this week which was super awesome. Because it was on a Thursday, everyone from the ward was working, so the baptismal service was just like 10 missionaries haha, it was funny.
Saturday we got to go on a little field trip with our ward too. We went back to Pairumani, the super sad and disappointing "waterfall" here in Cocha. But it was a lot of fun. We got to hang out with the ward, play games with them, help them with the BBQ we had, stuff like that. So it was a good time, and it helped us out a lot cuz we were able to gain some confidence from the members, which means they will hopefully be more willing and open to helping us out!
What else is going on here in Rosedal? Not much to be honest. Not sure if I mentioned this last week but we FINALLY got a cell phone! After a full transfer as District Leader haha. But it's so much better with a phone!
Think that's about it for this update. I'm pretty sure I have a ton of pics to send, so be on the lookout for those! Hope you guys are all doing well back in the States! I miss you guys! Tomorrow I hit 11 months, then in October, halfway! Talk to you next week!
Love,
Elder Sehestedt
 |
| Where I proselyte |
 |
| Where I proselyte as well |
 |
| Baptism Natalio |
 |
| Another picture of Baptism Natalio |
 |
| Helping out grilling up some meat with the ward |
 |
| Elder Chacon (companion) and me |
 |
| A little river in Pairumani |
 |
| Here's a pic we took with my district in Pairumani |
 |
At the Christo Statue this morning, with Van Horn and Murdock. Murdock is in a different zone, but we are buds. He's from Ogden, and has about 18 or 19 months here |
 |
| The view from the Christo - Elder Van Horn and me |
No comments:
Post a Comment