Monday, May 19, 2014

Transfers

So I think transfers kinda snuck up on us this time around, I don't think I mentioned them at all last week or anything like that?  But, yesterday we did get the transfers, and Elder Sazo, my comp, is off to Potosí to become a popsicle.  We are entering Winter here, and out here in Tupiza and Potosí the cold is a little unforgiving!  But its worse in Potosí cuz they are at like 12,000 ft elevation, so my comp is not excited!  I stay put here, and get a new comp named Elder Valda.  I don't know anything about him, I just know he is in Cochabamba right now.  He'll get here around Wednesday, so next week I'll be able to let you know how he is.

Hmmm... I thought I had something to tell you guys about, but now I can't remember....  I actually think it was just about the cold.  Its getting pretty freakin chilly out here!  We have to sleep with a space heater, which barely works, only 1 of the 3 heat lamps it has turns on haha.  And then I sleep with like 4 blankets.  Its no joke here!  It probably doesn't help that all the houses are made of adobe or just brick and mortar with plaster over it, so every house is just naturally cold and retains like no heat.  Like I said before, just living the dream.  And the good news is that its gonna get even colder!  Oh wait, that's not good news. haha.

That's all I got this week.  Next week I'll let you know how things are and how my new comp is.  Oh and I almost forgot to mention.  Officially hit 19 months a few days ago.  Now that sounds like a long time!  Anyway, talk to you guys next week!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt



Q&A: 

Q: So are you still Zone Leader?

A: Yep, I'm still ZL.

Q:  How many missionaries are coming your way this transfer?

A: We actually have a bunch coming in.  4 coming into Tupiza, 1 in Villazon, and 1 in Uyuni.  Almost half the zone had transfers!
Q: That’s awful about the cold!  Hmmm… might you be able to purchase a new space heater?  Just think… you’ll be prepared for Utah winter.  When does winter end there?

A: Winter doesn't end till around August, so we are just getting started!

Q: Sounds like a camping trip where you climb down inside your bag to stay warm while you pray for morning to come.  So how do the families heat their homes...fireplaces, stoves, heater?  Or do they just dress warmer?

A: Haha except the difference is that when morning comes, its still mad cold.  The only warm spot is in bed.  And you can't even move an inch, cuz that inch is freezing!  So basically you just stay put all night trying not to move and lose heat haha, its great.  I'll talk with the mission secretaries to see if they can send us out a new heater.  Usually people just bundle up here, they don't really heat their houses!

Q: Yes, call and get a new heater, that seems like a worthwhile call to me.  Do you sleep in your hoodie and beanie?

A: Not in a beanie, but I do sleep in like my big pajama pants and a jacket!

Q: Will it warm up today or is going to stay cold? 

A: It will warm up maybe a little at around 2 or so, but then it starts to get cold again at night.  It doesn't get as cold as Utah, but the difference is that in Utah I am on the couch in a blanket playing Xbox when its freezing cold outside.  But here, the houses are not insulated at all, and we have to go outside, so it kinda is awful haha.

Q: Well, the good news is you’ll be in a nice warm blanket playing Xbox for THIS Utah winter!!! 

A: You bet your bottom dollar I will!  I can't wait for winter, nasty weather, awesome excuse to never go outside, sounds like exactly what I need haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment