Monday, May 26, 2014

4 to Go!

Alright we are officially inside the 4 month to go mark, crazy right?   Time is going pretty fast now!

So I know last week I said i was gonna tell you how my new comp is.  Well.... Cant do that.  I still haven't met him yet, he is still in Cochabamba!  My other comp left on like Wednesday, so I have had to be with other missionaries in the zone, with members of our branch, stuff like that, its been a pain.  For most of the week I was with one of the Elders from Quiriza, but I was also with our Branch President for awhile too.  At church I was the only missionary, which was just bizarre.  I could have gone to church with the Branch on the other side of Tupiza with the other missionaries.  But I wanted to be in our Branch, especially for the investigators we have coming to church.

So what happened is that apparently my comp had surgery in Cocha a few weeks ago (don't know why or on what), and so he has still been visiting the doctor to do check ups and make sure everything is OK.  So hopefully he gets the green light and gets out here!

Something really cool that happened yesterday is that Jaime and Teresa Olivera, the family that we baptized in Rosedal in December, gave me a call!  We were in Branch Council in the church, and I didn't recognize the number when they called, so I left and answered, and we got to talk for a little bit!  It was really cool, they are still going to church and everything, which as a missionary is the absolute best thing someone you baptized can say to you.  So that was a nice little boost.  Cuz overall the week wasn't great.  Cold, windy, without a comp, very little success, but the phone call definitely picked up my spirits a lot, so that was something really cool!

And that's about it!  Lets hope my comp gets here soon!  Maybe next week I'll be able to let you know how he is!  Talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt

So with the changes, we had to say goodbye to some people...

My comp Sazo, saying goodbye in front of our house here in Tupiza.

 With Elder Valerio from Draper, saying goodbye in the bus Terminal.


Q&A:

Q: How is the weather this week?  It's going to be in the 90's this week here on Saturday is was 70.  Utah weather is so crazy!  Is Bolivia weather crazy like that or is it pretty normal and steady? 

A: 90 degrees? Holy crap!  Its freezing here!!  Send some of that heat our way.  The weather here seems to be pretty stable, no crazy spikes or anything like that.  Now its just cold and windy all the time.  And when we are lucky, like we are today, its sunny, but still a little chilly! 

Q: Did you get a new space heater yet?

A: We didn't get a new space heater, but somehow it magically fixed itself and it works a lot better!  Sick right? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment