Monday, February 10, 2014

Travel Travel Travel

Well its official, I’m here in Tupiza!  Way far away from the rest of the mission haha.   You would not believe the fiasco it was to get out here!  It was crazy, never had such a crazy travel schedule!  So finally I’ll have something to write about this week, cuz it was definitely out of the ordinary.

First off, my last day in Huayllani was on Tuesday, and I had to pack up all my stuff, again, and say goodbye to the few people I got to know.  Then on Wednesday morning I had to go to what we can say is downtown Cocha with all my stuff, and I had to attend the monthly Leadership council.  We got there at 8 am, and we didn’t leave till 6 30 pm!  So we were there all day.  It was way long, but it was pretty cool too.  Its just a long training meeting with the President, his assistants, and all of the zone leaders in the mission (14 companionships of zone leaders in total).  Its kinda cool to walk in the room, cuz all the tables are just littered with notebooks and scriptures, I’ll have to take a picture next time.  So it was a long meeting, but it was really cool.

We were supposed to leave Thursday morning for Sucre, but we got to the airport at 8 am, but our 9 am flight got delayed till 10 for rain and fog in Sucre.  Then it got delayed till 11, then till 12, then till 3:30 haha.  At that point some of us just bailed from the airport to eat lunch and buy some last second stuff before leaving Cocha.  We went back to the airport at 3, went through security and were waiting to board.  Then they delayed the flight more till 4:30, then to 5.  Then at 5:30 they started boarding the plane.  They boarded half the passengers, then stopped for about 10 minutes.  It was funny cuz everyone around us was ticked, they wanted to get out of there!  But we (we were 10 missionaries that had to go back out of Cocha) were all chill and happy haha.  Eventually they un-boarded the plane, and after about 20 minutes, just cancelled the flight altogether haha.  So we had to spend another night in Cocha.

Now we are to Friday.  We get to the airport at 8 am again, and the flight gets delayed again till 10, for more fog in Sucre.  I was sure we were gonna get hosed and they were gonna put us on a 10 hour bus instead haha.  But luckily we boarded the plane at about 10, and took off at about 10:25.  We landed at 10 47 haha. That’s right, a 22 minute flight, what?  It was bizarre, never been on a plane for so little time.  We landed in Sucre, grabbed our bags, and then had to grab a taxi to head to Potosí.  The taxi was 2 and a half hours!  It was only about 75-80 miles I think, but the roads are super twisty with tons of turns, so you cant go very fast.  It was super boring cuz there was no music and no movies to watch!  We get to Potosi at around 2 15, and its just cold and rainy and nasty.  We go to the bus terminal to buy tickets to Tupiza, and turns out the bus doesn’t leave till 9 at night!  So we hung out in Potosi for a while, not really able to do much nor wanting to cuz the weather sucked haha.  We loaded up the bus at 9 and hit the road.  The bus was super sick, the seats were huge and leaned all the way back and turned into a bed.  We travel in style haha.  Once we got out of Potosi, I fell asleep, and woke up at 1 am when we hit a pit stop.  Then we got going again, and I fell asleep again, and we pulled into Tupiza at 3:30 am!  We had to grab a taxi, load my bags, and head home.  So I didn’t get to bed till about 4:30 that morning, it was nuts!

But now we are here, and its way awesome!  Its super similar to Tarija, the weather is almost the same, the people are all nice, it’s a really small quite town, nothing like Cochabamba.  My companion is Elder Sazo from Guatamala.  He’s a really cool funny guy, and I even knew him in my other zone in Jaihuayco, just under a year ago.  So we were buds back then, and now were comps, so that’s really cool.  Our pension is actually in a restaurant, so the food is pretty dang good!  And its actually a guy.  He’s not a member, but knows all the missionaries.  He’s way cool, has his arms all tattooed up, a nice scraggly beard, really mellow, haha I like him.

Think that’s about it!  We have some really good investigators here, so I’m sure we will have some upcoming baptisms.  We had 11 investigators that came to church yesterday, which shattered any other Sunday record I’ve had here in the mish, so I’m excited!

Miss you guys, hope you all is well, talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt


No comments:

Post a Comment