Monday, January 20, 2014

The New Area

First week in the books here in Huayllani II, and man it is weird!  My area is just pure fields!  For real, just plants, trees, crops, dirt, and rocks.  That's it!  Its a huge area, and like nobody lives out there!  You can walk 20 minutes without passing a single house!  It's crazy.  If you are looking for a nice science walk, then my area is the place to go.  If you are looking to teach people and talk to people, my area is the last place you should go.  It's pretty interesting, cuz there is hardly anybody to teach!  And worse is that its way out in the boonies, so there are no buses or taxis, its just pure walking.  So if an investigator wants to come to church, they have to walk at least 45 minutes, that makes it a little bit rough! We gotta come up with a new way to do things around here, or we aren't gonna make a lot of progress.

But overall I do like the area.  And my comp.  His name is Elder Benito, from Santa Cruz Bolivia.  He has 7.5 months in the mish, and is waiting for his visa to go to Venezuela.  He is super chill and relaxed, just like me, so we get along well.

It has been raining a ton this past couple days here.  And with our area the paths flood, so you are just walking through big puddles and pure mud, its a good time haha.  But one of my first days here, we were way out in our area, in the middle of nowhere, and a huge storm hit out of nowhere.  Wind, tons of rain, thunder, and hail too!  And we couldn't do anything, literally we were in the middle of nowhere, with no shelter haha.  We just had to book it, and luckily we found a little tiny house with a tin roof, so we hid under that for about 20 minutes waiting for the storm to pass.  It was nuts, and we were soaked!  Crazy stuff happens here haha.

But overall everything is going well.  I'll send some pics of the area so I can show you guys what I'm talking about.  Talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt


Here's what I'm working with....  It's super cool to walk through and stuff, but like I said, no one to teach.  Gonna have to start working with the cows!









Q & A:

Q:  How is your apartment?

A:  The apartment is nice, A big room, a big kitchen, bathroom, second story.  It's a nice place.

Q:  How far is do you have to go for church?  Your pensionista?

A:  From the apartment its not that bad, its about 10 minutes, including a 5 minute bus ride.  Cuz where we live, there are cars.  But we live in Huayllani I, and our area is II, so we have to walk a little bit to get to the boonies haha.  Our pensionista lives super close to the church too.  So it's about the same.

Q:  Do you have a store close to buy food?  Is it big, little or the size of the gas station in Emery?  What do you buy there?

A:  Ya we live just above a store, so its awesome haha.  Just a little store.  Smaller than the Emery gas station.  But we always buy bread and other random stuff for breakfast.

Q:  Silly question… does their bread look and taste like our bread?

A:  Not at all, but I like the bread here better!  I'll take a pic of it haha

Q:  It is with a heavy heart I send you the results... BOTH of our teams lost.  So it's Broncos vs Seahawks in the Superbowl - February 2.  Who are you cheering for?

A:  Hahahaha who am I cheering for?  Take a guess....  Just glad I'm not there to see the Broncos take it, so lame....  (Brandon is a die hard Raiders fan)

Q:  I think the Broncos will take it too.  Will you disown me if I cheer for the Broncos?  Hey, don't let Dad fool you!  He's been cheering for the Broncos ALL season.

A:  Don't you dare!!!!!  I know, Dad already has a long road of repentance to travel, you don't want to join him!

MOM:  GO SEAHAWKS!


No comments:

Post a Comment