Monday, December 16, 2013

14 Months

What up, 14 months down!  Like I said last month, still not that big of a deal, but its still a month in the books, so nobody is complaining haha.  And Christmas in only 9 days!  Last Bolivian Christmas!

This week has been so rainy!  Last week it was way hot, and now we've just been drowned by rain, rain, and more rain!  Thing is that we are officially moving into the rainy season here in Cocha, so its gonna rain a lot more often.  But it rained almost everyday this week, including today, which ruined our plans to go play tennis as a zone.  After not playing for 14 months, I was stoked, but then the rain had to ruin my fun!  Basically from here on out I just plan to be proselyting soaked, but its fun too.  The best is when you get to the point where you just don't care anymore haha.  Like every square inch of you is soaked, and your shoes are filled with water, so you don't even walk around with an umbrella, or avoid the rivers that are rushing in the streets.

In other news Cochabamba has been having some protests with the public transport, they want to raise prices in the buses and things like that, and obviously nobody wants it.  So all the public transport has been on strike.  They like block off streets so nobody can pass, and all that garbage, so its been a party.  We've had to drop tons of money taking taxis, that's really my biggest complaint, just how much money I've had to spend on taxis, cuz there aren't buses right now. But this is how they protest everything.  Anything happens they don't like, and bam, in the streets, blocking roads.  Not sure how they think it helps, but whatever...

Guess who dies tomorrow? ("Die" is missionary slang for ending the mission and going home).  Knight!  Knight leaves tomorrow at 6 am!  What a punk, he's gonna be home for Christmas!  Gonna try to meet up with him today one last time.

I think I told you guys about the Familia Olivera right?  The awesome family of investigators we have?  Well we have officially made plans for their wedding and baptism!  So on the 28th of this month they are going to be married, and right after they will be baptized!  The 28th
also happens to be your anniversary Mom and Dad, which is one of the reasons I made all the plans for the 28th!  So if you guys can pray for them and for all of the plans we have, so that everything will go smoothly, I would be very grateful!

That's all for this week.  Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season back home, I miss you guys!  Talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt


No comments:

Post a Comment