Monday, May 20, 2013

What a Week!

We worked so hard this week it was crazy!  We climbed up and down and up and down the hill so many times.  Our focus this week was finding more investigators, cuz we only have a handful.  So I tore apart our area book, which has teaching records from years and years ago, looking for old investigators that other missionaries have visited. So we worked with contacting those people, unfortunately we didn't find a lot of them, so we are gonna have another tiring week!  The weird thing is that even though its super tiring, and sometimes frustrating when you can't find these people or they don't want to listen to you, you are always happy.  It's kinda bizarre.  Like I always have a smile on my face and I don't know why.  We could be having an awful day with zero success, but for some reason I will be smiling.  Just weird if you ask me.  But really there is nothing more satisfying than doing the work of the Lord and helping people.

That doesn't mean its not stressful though!  It's really different being the Senior comp, like there is a big difference for me.  Cuz as Junior comp you don't feel the same weight.  When you are in charge of the area you feel responsible for like every single person you see. And in our ward there are a ton of less active members, so that adds to the load.  So it is a little stressful to be in charge of visiting all these people, there's just not enough time to do everything that needs to be done!

But there was nothing super exciting this week.  We just worked and worked and worked.  We went super super far in our area, trying to contact all these people.  We climbed all the way up the hill, and arrived on the backside of the hill, where I never even knew existed! I found a teaching record of a family of 12, and they lived way up there.  So I was hoping to be able to contact the whole family, but that didn't happen, cuz they don't live there anymore haha.  So we went all the way their in vain, bummer huh?

That's about it though.  I think I have pics to send, but this computer doesn't have a USB port, can you say stone age?  So I think a little later today we will run back to an internet for a minute so I can send them.  Hope you all are doing well!

I miss you and love you guys!
Elder Sehestedt

No comments:

Post a Comment