Monday, May 13, 2013

After Mother's Day

First of all I have to say that it was awesome to get to see and talk to you guys (Mom, Dad, Kassie, Brooke)!  I'm glad that for the most part the internet cooperated and that we were able to talk for awhile!  You never can be too sure about technology here!

Really I don't have a whole lot to say in this update.  I think it's gonna be a more picture heavy day!  But we have been working super hard in our area this week.  It's weird being the Senior comp now and having to make the decision about where we are going to go and who we are going to visit and all that good stuff!  But we had a solid first week, so I think we will keep up the good work!

Last week on P-day we got to go bowling!  It was weird, it was really like an American looking bowling alley! A little piece of the U.S. inside of Cochabamba!  And I beat our whole zone, with a gigantic score of 128 (that's sarcasm).  But I did win, so that's what is important!

Then today we went to a waterfall waaaaaaay far away from our zone, like about an hour and a half in two different buses.  Then when we got there we had to hike up a mountain forever, and when we finally arrived.... The waterfall was basically dried up.  There was like a small trickle of water, but really nothing else. So the trip was basically in vain, but it was a good time!  I'll send some pics in a sec!

That's really about it for this week.  Hopefully next week will be a little more eventful, and hopefully we can keep finding new people to teach!  I love you guys and miss you all!  Weird to think that I have been out for 7 months, time is flying!  I'll be home before you know it!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt




This is from about halfway up the hill that is my area.  Just looking
out over a part of the city
This is basically from the top of the hill.  Looking over Laguna
Alalay.  I think if you look to the right of my shoulder you can see
the statue of Christ that overlooks Cochabamba.  Its a pain in the butt to
climb this hill though!
Same spot on the hill, near the top, just overlooking most of Cochabamba.
On our way up to get to the waterfall.  Elder Tanner, me, Elder Van Horn, Elder Muñoz,
Elder Roth, and Elder Craig.
Still trying to get up to the waterfall.
Waterfall with the Gringos.  Here we are at the disappointing waterfall.
From left to right - Elder Craig, Elder Roth, me, and Elder Van Horn


No comments:

Post a Comment