Monday, May 6, 2013

Cambios - The Aftermath

Well cambios have come and gone, and man did it wreak havoc on our zone!  Almost every companionship had a change of some sort, it was crazy!  Tons are leaving, which is a bummer cuz our zone was pretty sweet.  We have people leaving for Tarjia (they can't complain about going to Tarija), Tupiza, Sucre, and other places in Cocha!

The cambios this time were a little weird too.  Usually they call us Sunday night, and the changes take place on Tuesday or Wednesday.  But this week President Dyer left to Peru for some training, so we received the cambios early, on Thursday night, and they took place on Sunday night.  Basically we got jipped 3 days haha.

Now for my cambio.  I did stay in my same area, so that was nice, I hate having to pack all my stuff!  But Elder Velasquez got changed! He is still in Cocha, but not my comp anymore.  I was super bummed when we got the call, Me and Velasquez got along super well.  He was really fun, really relaxed, great with the members, etc., etc.  So I am definitely going to miss him.  He has been in Cocha for all of his 13 months that he has been here, crazy right?  Five different areas, but all in Cocha!  But now my new comp is Elder Acuña.  He is from Santa Cruz, and only has 4 months in the mission, which means I got bumped up to Senior comp.  He is here waiting for his visa, cuz his assigned mission is in Venezuela.  So what is gonna be weird is if his visa arrives this cambio, cuz they leave immediately when that happens, so that would be interesting!  Its just bizarre cuz like now I am in charge of the area.  So its kinda weird having the reins, I'm used to being directed by somebody with more time here haha.

When you have an awesome comp like I did with Velasquez, cambios suck! Even when you don't have a great comp they aren't very fun.  Cuz you live and teach with someone for 6 weeks, and you adjust to how they act and how they are.  And then you get someone completely different and have to readjust.  Acuña is a lot more serious than Velasquez was.  I'm sure he will open up and lighten up once he gets more comfortable and settled in, but for now it's different!

I don't have much other news other than the cambios.  We just did a lot of saying goodbye to investigators and members. So not much to report!

Hope all is well with everyone!  I miss everyone a ton!  And don't worry, no more hospital trips this week, all is back to normal!

Love you guys!
Elder Sehestedt


Q&A Time
Mother's Day Call?
I haven't arranged anything with Skype yet, I am still on the hunt.  I am going to ask around for some members help.  But I will call around 2:30-4:00 my time.  Church gets over at 1:00, then we have to go to a members house for lunch, and then I will call!  Say some prayers that I can skype!

Any packages or letters arrive this week?
And yes I got mail!  I got my Easter package, football pics, and welcome to Jaihuayco card all on the same day!  So I only need to get one more thing, which I probably will get tomorrow in our Zone meeting.  Thanks for all the stuff, its awesome!  I love my football pics, they are so cool!  I look at them all the time!  Makes me want to play again!  (I sent him 4 things on the same day just to see how long they would take... a card, a small flat bubble mailer (small travel football photo album), a bubble mailer (Superman themed...not arrived), and an Easter box.  Amazingly 3 of the 4 arrived on the same day AND they arrived in 1 month!)

How do you get your mail now you're in Cochabamba area?
My zone leaders go to the offices every week and pick up everyones mail.

What do you do at your meetings?
We have district meeting, which are smaller meetings, where we just talk about what we teach and how to improve and practice.  Then in zone meetings we plan our P-days and still talk about what we can improve and how we can be better, etc., etc.

Brooke's questions for Brandon...How do you shower? Do you shower in a shower or with a bucket?
Some missionaries shower with a bucket, but we have a real shower.  The only thing is that the temperature is super random, so sometimes it will melt your skin off, and other times you will get hypothermia haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment