So yes the rumors you have all heard are true, carnival does get pretty intense, from what I hear. If it seems odd that I'm confirming rumors with other rumors, that's because I haven't seen any craziness yet. But I guess the real fun starts today and goes in to tomorrow, so we'll see! But for the past couple of days we had to be in the house early, and tomorrow we aren't even allowed to leave. So that means I get to have a church movie marathon in my pajamas all day! AW yeah!
We did a TON of service this week! It was crazy. I think we added it up to be like 11 or 12 hours in total. I learned something through all that service though: We NEVER have to worry about Bolivia becoming a world super power. They use tools and techniques that like the Pioneers used. Its comical sometimes, but I enjoy it. For example, we had to help one of the members build and level a driveway. So we had to go across the street to her neighbors house, and basically just dig up dirt from his yard and wheelbarrow it over to her house (with his consent don't worry). It was just funny cuz we could have done that job in about an hour in the U.S., but we worked for four hours and still didn't finish haha.
In other news I finished the Doctrine and Covenants this morning! I read it in just under a month. I've never read it all the way through before, so it was very cool. So much interesting stuff that I never knew before. What I love is that it is modern day revelation. Sometimes the scriptures are hard to relate to ourselves, maybe cuz its just talking about a war or because they were written 2,000 some odd years ago. But Doctrine and Covenants is all modern, and all for us. Its so interesting to read the will of the Lord through a prophet of our days, in particular Joseph Smith. I know I've already exhorted everyone to read the Book of Mormon, so I know you are all busy doing that (you better be!). But afterwards, go into the Doctrine and Covenants too!
One of the coolest things that I've done here in Bolivia happened last P-day, we went to a place called Coimata. It is about 30 minutes out of Tarija, and its this super cool, super jungly waterfall. The area is huge. There is a first set of falls thats only about a five minute walk from the entrance of this place, so its really close. But then there is a second set of falls that are way bigger and way cooler which is much further, about 40 minutes of walking. And when I say walking, I mean like Bear Grylls status, trekking through the jungle. Climbing rocks, crossing rivers, walking through trees. It was so cool, I'll send pics in a little bit. But its things like that that really remind me that I am actually in Bolivia. Definitely something that I won't forget!
Other than that I don't have a lot of news. Our area is pretty difficult, its really hard to find new investigators. But we are working really hard everyday, so I'm hoping that in the near future I can tell you about all the success we are having!
Hope you are all doing well! The weeks are starting to fly by!
Miss you guys!
Elder Sehestedt
Click HERE to read more about Carnival in Bolivia.
We did a TON of service this week! It was crazy. I think we added it up to be like 11 or 12 hours in total. I learned something through all that service though: We NEVER have to worry about Bolivia becoming a world super power. They use tools and techniques that like the Pioneers used. Its comical sometimes, but I enjoy it. For example, we had to help one of the members build and level a driveway. So we had to go across the street to her neighbors house, and basically just dig up dirt from his yard and wheelbarrow it over to her house (with his consent don't worry). It was just funny cuz we could have done that job in about an hour in the U.S., but we worked for four hours and still didn't finish haha.
In other news I finished the Doctrine and Covenants this morning! I read it in just under a month. I've never read it all the way through before, so it was very cool. So much interesting stuff that I never knew before. What I love is that it is modern day revelation. Sometimes the scriptures are hard to relate to ourselves, maybe cuz its just talking about a war or because they were written 2,000 some odd years ago. But Doctrine and Covenants is all modern, and all for us. Its so interesting to read the will of the Lord through a prophet of our days, in particular Joseph Smith. I know I've already exhorted everyone to read the Book of Mormon, so I know you are all busy doing that (you better be!). But afterwards, go into the Doctrine and Covenants too!
One of the coolest things that I've done here in Bolivia happened last P-day, we went to a place called Coimata. It is about 30 minutes out of Tarija, and its this super cool, super jungly waterfall. The area is huge. There is a first set of falls thats only about a five minute walk from the entrance of this place, so its really close. But then there is a second set of falls that are way bigger and way cooler which is much further, about 40 minutes of walking. And when I say walking, I mean like Bear Grylls status, trekking through the jungle. Climbing rocks, crossing rivers, walking through trees. It was so cool, I'll send pics in a little bit. But its things like that that really remind me that I am actually in Bolivia. Definitely something that I won't forget!
Other than that I don't have a lot of news. Our area is pretty difficult, its really hard to find new investigators. But we are working really hard everyday, so I'm hoping that in the near future I can tell you about all the success we are having!
Hope you are all doing well! The weeks are starting to fly by!
Miss you guys!
Elder Sehestedt
Click HERE to read more about Carnival in Bolivia.
| This is Coimata. Such an awesome place! Took us about 40 or 45 minutes trekking through the jungle to get here, but it was definitely worth it! |
| Looking good! |
| Standing under the lower waterfall of Coimata |
| Trekking through the jungle on our way out of there |
| This is the lower set of falls at Coimata. It's only about a 5 minute walk. At this point we had already hiked passed it, so I took a picture from above. |
![]() |
| Coimata again |

No comments:
Post a Comment