Monday, February 18, 2013

4 Months!

Well its a wonderful rainy day here in the city of Tarija.  Hopefully the rain lets up so we can have a fun P-day and not get stuck inside! I completed 4 months in the mission yesterday, so thats cool!  I can't tell if time is going fast or slow haha, but I'm sure it will all fly by!  How's everyones week been?  Hope you are all enjoying yourselves!

We just got done celebrating Elder Torrez's birthday, and yes, the rumors are true.  When you celebrate your birthday here, people throw eggs and flour at you.  Add that to the fact that it was raining today, and that's a recipe for a mess!  But it was fun to participate!

Hmm what to write about this week.  This week was kinda a relaxing week for once.  We couldn't leave the house on Tuesday cuz of Carnival, so I had a church movie marathon and enjoyed lounging around in our room.  Its funny cuz for Carnival people will pile into the back of pick up trucks, and bring like buckets of water, water guns, water balloons, just a whole arsenal of stuff, and drive around the streets wreaking havoc.  If they see you walking the truck will pull over and then everyone will just unload on you haha, its kinda fun, that happened to us last P-day!

We also had a Zone Conference on Friday, so the President came and talked to us along with his assistants.  We were in the stake center for 8 hours!  Talk about a long conference right?  But we got to eat and play some games, so it wasn't bad.  Everyone from the surrounding areas came too, Tupiza had to get bussed in for a couple hours, and I think Bermejo flew in.  But we just had to take a little bus from our house for like 20 minutes and arrived. 

So on Martes and Friday we didn't get to teach anyone, and yesterday we had to be in the house early for more end of Carnival activities. So unfortunately we didn't have a super productive week of learning, but we did more studying than I thought possible so that was good.  I can't remember if I told you guys but I finished the Pearl of Great Price too, so now I am on to the New Testament!  My scriptures are so marked up with notes and stuff, haha I love it!

Really I don't have a lot more to say, not much happened this week. It was a great week and I enjoyed all of our relaxation, but unfortunately that doesn't make for a good email home does it?  Sorry for the lack of interesting stuff, hopefully next week will be more eventful so I can write about it!

I miss all of you and hope you are all doing well.  I pray for all of you all the time, so hopefully you can feel those prayers!  Talk to you next week!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt


Since he brought up the 4 months,  I can say this.. there are 82 days, 12 hours, 56 minutes, 40 seconds until Mother's Day!!!  And we get to talk to Brandon!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment