Monday, February 25, 2013

20 years and 2 days ago...

I was born.  That's how that story ends.

Haha I had a really good birthday!  Really nothing changed a whole lot, but it was a fun day!  My zone surprised me in the morning during study time, and they all barged into our room, so that was funny.  They got me a cake, and sang to me and everything!  I even survived the whole day without getting any flour or eggs thrown at me!  But....they did smash my face in the cake, so that was sweet (get it?).  I think its a tradition here in Bolivia, not just for missionaries, but I'm not sure.  Other than that it was a normal day.  We took one of our investigators to a baptismal service of our zone leaders, who had four baptisms that day.  But that went really well, and our investigator enjoyed the service, so hopefully that will give her some motivation to get baptized and stop stalling! haha

Other than my birthday it was just another week in the life here in Tarija.  Super hot, working all day, nothing new haha.  Oh but we do have a surprise baptism this Saturday.  Barely counts though, he's been a member for 5 years, but he was never registered as a member haha.  So he's been attending church for ever, has the Priesthood, but technically isn't a member.  And there are no witnesses to his baptism and confirmation cuz it was so long ago.  So we just got handed a free baptism, cuz he has to be baptized again to become a member, officially.  Weird right?  But that's the way it works, I'm not complaining!

Yesterday we had a crazy long, marathon session of ward council.  Try three hours of ward council.  In a small room, with about 15 other people.  The building has no AC, and it was about 90 degrees yesterday.  And I was in my suit.  Does it sound like I'm complaining yet?  It was brutal haha, but really it was a great meeting.  The bishop is really trying hard to get all of the organizations involved in the mission work, so that's awesome.  This work is almost impossible without the support of the members and the ward, so with the bishop trying to rally everyone for us, I feel like its gonna help alot!  We'll have to wait and see!

Today we just got done playing soccer against the other zone, so that was fun.  We beat them 12-9, which made it even better.  We have never lost in anything against the other zone, its so great to rub it in haha.

So here's some crazy news that some of you already know, and others maybe not.  But since they added another mission to Bolivia, they are dividing our mission!  Crazy right?  Basically the whole southern half of the Cocha mish is getting lopped off and turned into the Santa Cruz south mission.  So that includes the cities like Bermejo, Tupiza, and TARIJA.  I hear that the split happens in July, so I'm assuming that wherever you are at that point, will be your new mission!  So I might get a new mission, or I might stay in Cocha, who knows?  Looks like we will have to wait and see!

That's all for this week, I'll send some pics.  Hope you are all doing well!

I miss you and love you guys!
Elder Sehestedt


This is how I partied.
More cake.

So in front of this tech school is a super cool statue of the
Predator.  They made it solely from metal, its so cool!

Too bad he's also a bully!


No comments:

Post a Comment