Thursday, October 25, 2012

Week One is Done! Part 2

Alright I found another computer!  Still won't be able to write everything I don't think but I'll do my best!  Anyway I'm having an awesome experience.  The MTC no es un chiste (it's not a joke).  I'm not kidding when I say that this first week has been the hardest week of my life.  Between all the hard work, stress of learning a new language, and missing everyone and everything back home, it's been hard to just keep going.  But I made it and like I said, things are going a LOT better know!  I still miss you guys like crazy, night time is really hard.  Thats when it's quiet time so I can just sit and think.  I love all of your letters but at the same time they do make me homesick and miss you even more (that doesn't mean stop though!).

While its been so hard, it has also been so awesome.  I have felt the spirit so strong here.  The devotionals and firesides we have are so cool!  I love singing the hymns before and after them.  We are in a big gym with 2,000 missionaries singing and it is so powerful!  The Spirit is so strong! 

On Sunday we had President Roach talked to us, I think he is just an ex-mission pres, but that was good.  Then afterwards we watched a recording of an MTC talk by Elder Bednar about recognizing the Spirit, and that was just amazing.  He talked about not worrying whether a thought you had was inspired by the Spirit or if it was just a random thought.  If it is a good though, act on it.  My favorite quote from the talk is:  "If you are a good boy, you honor your covenants, you keep the commandments and press forward with faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, your steps will be guided, your utterance will be inspired and ye cannot go amiss."  That was so powerful and so true.  I have witnessed this in the short time I've been here.  In our second lesson with Alberto we taught him about Joseph Smith and the Restoration.  Near the end I just started talking and words just started flowing, all in Spanish.  I used words that I haven't heard or used in years and the Spirit was unbelievably strong.  It was incredible to just feel the Spirit enter the room, and take over the lesson and turn me into a mouthpiece for our Heavenly Father.  I definitely think that has been my coolest experience so far.

On Tuesday, we had a Devotional that was given by Elder Echo Hawk of the Quorum of 70.  He talked about his conversion story and how important our jobs as missionaries are.

We also went to the temple this morning and that was way cool too.  Grandma will be glad to hear that we did 10 family names!  Afterwards we had what we call "Celestial Breakfast" and it really was Heavenly.  The food at the MTC is pretty good, and theres tons of it, but the food at the temple was ridiculous and we were all dying over it.

Anyway I'm sitting in the laundry room waiting for my clothes, but I'm out of stuff.  Once I get back to the room I'll look through my journal and I'll probably write a letter :)  Hope you are all doing well.  I love you and you are in my prayers always.

Love,
Elder Sehestedt

No comments:

Post a Comment