Hello family!!
It's official, week one is done! It has been such a crazy week. I seriously feel like I have been here for a few months! The crazy thing here is that we don't have any time to do anything for ourselves! We wake up at 6:30 every morning, and we don't get back to our rooms until 9:30 at night, and then we only have an hour before we have to be in bed. So during the day we are in class, studying, or teaching for about 15 hours, and that just feels like forever, then the hour of "personal time" we get before bed just flies.
Anyway things are going pretty well here, I can guarantee that I won't be able to tell you guys everything in this email, so be looking for a letter. I have a timer in the corner of my computer that is gonna kick me off in just about 15 minutes so I'm typing in a panic right now haha. I have definitely received all of your guys packages and I really appreciate them! Thanks for finding my shirt mom :) and thanks for the beef jerky dad! And, HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a great time celebrating.
Not gonna lie to you guys, the first couple of days here were awful. But fear not, things are waaaaay better and I'm having a lot of fun now! Week one is definitely the worst though. I'm not even kidding when I say they throw you into the deep end here. Like I mentioned before our first class was pure Spanish (that fact hasn't changed, any time we have a teacher they only speak Spanish). And we started to teach our first investigator on Friday, and all of those lessons had to in Spanish! So within two days we were already teaching about the Gospel in Spanish to someone we don't know, super crazy. But it has gone really well. We have already met with Alberto (our investigator's name) five times! We just committed him to be baptized on Nov. 14! Don't get too excited though, every companionship in our district teaches the same guy, thats a total of 6 companionships. He is also an employee of the MTC, but he does an incredible job at playing his role and it feels totally real.
Speaking of companions mine is named Elder Koenig (pronounced Kay-nig) from Nampa, Idaho. He is also going to Cochabamba along with two others, Elders Voison and Humphrey. I LOVE my district, they are all super funny and I love spending time with them. That's good news since 15 hours of our days are spent with each other! I have pictures that I would like to send, just not sure how quite yet and I don't want to waste time trying to figure it out right now.
I'm just about out of time so I'll wrap it up here. I'll write you guys a letter today and put it in the mail with some more details!! I love you guys and miss you very much! I hope you are all doing well and having fun. I'm doing great and having an incredible experience! Again I love you all!
Love,
Elder Sehestedt
It's official, week one is done! It has been such a crazy week. I seriously feel like I have been here for a few months! The crazy thing here is that we don't have any time to do anything for ourselves! We wake up at 6:30 every morning, and we don't get back to our rooms until 9:30 at night, and then we only have an hour before we have to be in bed. So during the day we are in class, studying, or teaching for about 15 hours, and that just feels like forever, then the hour of "personal time" we get before bed just flies.
Anyway things are going pretty well here, I can guarantee that I won't be able to tell you guys everything in this email, so be looking for a letter. I have a timer in the corner of my computer that is gonna kick me off in just about 15 minutes so I'm typing in a panic right now haha. I have definitely received all of your guys packages and I really appreciate them! Thanks for finding my shirt mom :) and thanks for the beef jerky dad! And, HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! I hope you had a great time celebrating.
Not gonna lie to you guys, the first couple of days here were awful. But fear not, things are waaaaay better and I'm having a lot of fun now! Week one is definitely the worst though. I'm not even kidding when I say they throw you into the deep end here. Like I mentioned before our first class was pure Spanish (that fact hasn't changed, any time we have a teacher they only speak Spanish). And we started to teach our first investigator on Friday, and all of those lessons had to in Spanish! So within two days we were already teaching about the Gospel in Spanish to someone we don't know, super crazy. But it has gone really well. We have already met with Alberto (our investigator's name) five times! We just committed him to be baptized on Nov. 14! Don't get too excited though, every companionship in our district teaches the same guy, thats a total of 6 companionships. He is also an employee of the MTC, but he does an incredible job at playing his role and it feels totally real.
Speaking of companions mine is named Elder Koenig (pronounced Kay-nig) from Nampa, Idaho. He is also going to Cochabamba along with two others, Elders Voison and Humphrey. I LOVE my district, they are all super funny and I love spending time with them. That's good news since 15 hours of our days are spent with each other! I have pictures that I would like to send, just not sure how quite yet and I don't want to waste time trying to figure it out right now.
I'm just about out of time so I'll wrap it up here. I'll write you guys a letter today and put it in the mail with some more details!! I love you guys and miss you very much! I hope you are all doing well and having fun. I'm doing great and having an incredible experience! Again I love you all!
Love,
Elder Sehestedt
No comments:
Post a Comment