Monday, October 14, 2013

Woooooooooooooah, We're halfway There!!

First of all, if you did not read the subject line like Bon Jovi sings it, I invite you to close out of your email, restart, and do it right this time.  Second of all, we are finally halfway done!  Crazy to say that I have been in the mission for a year!  It honestly doesn't feel real.  It does feel like its been awhile, but a year sounds like a ton!  But its cool to finally arrive at the downhill slope.  Everyone says that the second year goes by way faster than the first, so if that's the case I will be home in no time at all!

Honestly I haven't done anything to celebrate my one year yet, cuz technically it's not till Thursday, so we will see how the celebration goes then!  Tradition is to burn a shirt, so that will probably happen haha.

But really, that's the only news I have this week.  It was just another normal week here in Rosedal, not a whole lot of excitement.  Its been a little rainy as of late, but its nice cuz we can finally walk around during the day without melting to death.

Sorry for the lack of excitement this update, maybe I'll have some better stuff next week.  We find out the Transfers on Sunday, so we'll see what happens there.  Honestly anything is possible now.  Me and Chacon have been together for two full transfers, and normally that means a change.  But it's possible we stay together as well, really not sure at all.  My prediction:  I go outside of Cochabamba.  I'll let you know Monday!

Talk to you guys next week!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt

I cant remember if I told you any of the details about conference, but
here I go again.  Normally the stake centers should have a separate
room for English, but of course the people at our stake were being
stubborn and didn't want to do it.  So we bailed to the mission
offices to watch it over the internet.  So here are all the Gringos
that were together basically all of Saturday and Sunday, it was way
fun.  Left to right:  Brown, Forsey, Stoddard, Me, Van Horn (on floor), Gallegos,
Harris (on floor), Chavez, Barrett, and Phillips.  It was way better in English!

Played Beach Volleyball as the zone today, way fun, and my team dominated. 

Q&A:

Q:  What did you do today?

A:  We played Beach Volleyball today, then went to the Cancha, which is the worlds largest open air market, that covers about 20 city blocks at least, it's huge haha.  And it has everything you could
every want.  It's like Amazon, but not the internet, and you have to walk forever to find what your looking for.  So really it's nothing like Amazon haha. 

Q:  20 blocks?  That's crazy!  So are you saying you do not buy anything there?

A:  I buy my soccer jerseys there. haha

Q:  One year tradition is to burn a shirt?  Wow!  Do you have an extra shirt to burn? 

A:  I have tons of shirts to burn haha.  I only wear like 7 or 8 of the 12 I brought, so I got some to spare haha.

Q:  So you're telling me we over packed.  hahahahaha  How is your medicine cabinet? (The packing list for medicine to bring on his mission was long!)  Still full or have you used most of the stuff?

A:  Haha basically.  Medicine I still got plenty!

Q:  Oh good.  That means you've been healthy.  :)

A:  Yup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment