Monday, October 21, 2013

Cambios!

The moment you've all been waiting for: cambios.  Well, I'm staying here in Rosedal, but unfortunately Chacon is getting shipped out.  He is going out to Potosì!  He is going to be in the same district as Roth and Knight, haha lame right, that was supposed to be my change! But I am kinda glad that I get to stay, cuz we have some awesome investigators that we are working with right now, so that's good news.  I'm still District Leader like I have been for the past few months, and now on top of that, I am getting another kid! (that means that I am training again!).  I trained Chacon, and in the mission that means I'm his dad, and he's my son.  And now, I get yet another kid.  No idea where he is from, and I don't even know his name yet.  I'll find out who he is on Thursday I believe.  But crazy right?  Hopefully my second kid is as awesome as the first!   Cross your fingers for me!

In other news, we did so much service this week, it was nuts!  Almost everyday we had some type of service to do.  But the most hardcore one we did was on Wednesday.  We helped the pensionista of some of the missionaries in our zone move to a new apartment.  Her and her family lived on the third floor, so we had to carry EVERYTHING down three floors of stairs, which was a super pain.  Then we had to load all of the stuff into a little truck, and haul it to their new place.  The truck, as I said, was little.  So it took like 5 or 6 trips to get everything over to the new place.  And here is the best part.  Their new apartment, is on the 6th floor!!  So we had to haul all of their stuff up six floors.  And they had a lot of stuff!  And it wasn't light either.  And to be honest, after climbing up six floors, even something light, becomes way heavy.  So that was some hardcore service, that took about 5 hours or so.  But it was fun too, cuz I think there were about 12 of us missionaries helping, so we were able to laugh and have fun at the same time.  But man the next day, I was so stinking sore!  Thankfully I've recovered now haha.

In addition to that service, we did another service for an older member in one of the wards here in our zone.  Basically, I turned into an electrician haha.  We had to connect and install light sockets, as well as fix up other cables for extension cords and stuff like that.  It wasn't hard at all, just interesting. Who knew I would also learn to be an electrician in this country too?  I need to start getting some certificates to remember all of my newly acquired skills.

Think that about wraps it up for this week.  Lets hope everything goes smoothly with these cambios!  Talk to you guys next week!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt

Here is where we had to haul everything up six stories.  Super tiring,
but a good time too!
One Year = American Celebration.  So to celebrate, I thought there was no better
way than to get a giant double cheeseburger with a Mountain Dew Code Red.
There is a memberhere in Cocha from Oklahoma, that has a little food stand called
"Gringo Burger", so it's pretty legit.  Everything tastes awesome.
And he has Mountain Dew, so he's cool in my book!
Here is the shirt I burnt on Thursday.  You would not believe how that
shirt could burn!!  I thought for sure it would be super slow, and
take like 20 minutes to finish.  But that thing went up in flames so
fast!!  I am somewhat concerned about wearing these types of shirts
everyday after seeing what happens with a little flame haha.  It ended
up being a huge inferno, but super cool.  And nobody was injured, nor
property, so don't worry haha.

*Additional note... on the shirt is written his 1 year date, on the left are the areas Brandon has served in and on the right are the companions he has had.



No comments:

Post a Comment