Monday, October 28, 2013

The New Guy

Well the first week with my new kid has come to a close, and it was pretty good.  He's fresh out the MTC, and was only there for 13 days haha.  He's from Piura, Peru, and is only 18.  Haha I don't know what it is, but I've got the Peruvian curse, and everyone knows it.  My zone always says I will be stuck with Peruvians for the rest of the mish.  But anyway, he showed up here and was blown away by our area.  Cuz he arrived in the city, and stayed in basically what would be downtown for a day or two.  And when he got to our area, he was kinda speachless haha.  All of the streets in our area are dirt and rock, and there are like never any people in the street (meaning street contacting doesn't really exist).  But he was like, "wow, we are in the middle of nowhere, far from everything and everybody."  It was kinda funny to be honest.  For me its completely normal, which is just bizarre.  But none of my areas have been really in the city.  I prefer to be outside the city anyway, way too much noise, cars, garbage, smells, etc haha.  He'll adjust though, eventually.

Not much to report on really.  Just been hanging out with my kid, introducing him to the area, the people, and the life in the field, which is another world compared to the MTC.  But not much to report honestly.  All is well here, and we have some awesome investigators that are progressing.  Keep us and our investigators in our prayers, cuz we really need them to progress so they can be baptized this month.

That's all I got, sorry for the shortness of the email, but that's how it is sometimes!  Miss you guys, can't believe next week it will be November!  Crazy!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt


No comments:

Post a Comment