Monday, April 1, 2013

It's actually spelled Jaihuayco

Well here's my first email from Cochabamba!  I butchered the spelling of my zone last time though, its actually spelled Jaihuayco, not that it really matters though.  Anyway it was a pretty busy week for a change.  I had to pack up all my crap in Tarija which was awful.  Then I had to say goodbye to all the friends in the ward and tell them that they were sending me to Cocha.  A bunch of them said they were gonna call President Dyer to give him a bad time about pulling me out of Tarija haha.  Then at the airport I said goodbye to all the missionaries in my zone, which was also not fun cuz we are all really good friends.  Then my flight was delayed 3 hours, so we sat around waiting forever, nothing runs ontime here in Bolivia haha.  And finally I arrived here in Cocha.

So my new area is named Cosmos, and it seems like a pretty decent area so far.  The only problem is that there is a beast of a hill that is basically my entire area.  Like the one main road in our area is flat, but the rest of the time we have to climb a gigantor hill.  And I mean gigantic.  And it doesn't help that they don't care what angle their streets are at.  There are streets here at like a 50 degree angle. Like almost virtually impossible for a car to climb up, I've never seen anything like it before in my life!  So by the time I get out of this area my legs are gonna be huge!

The weather here is pretty similar, its not as humid though which is nice.  These past few days have been pretty hot, so we've suffered a little, but nothing out of control.  We play a ton of soccer here, a ton!  So I'm hoping that I get some sweet soccer skills.  I'm slowly getting better!  I'll be a pro in no time haha.

My new comp is Elder Velasquez, and he is way cool.  He teaches really well and likes to have fun too.  I think we are going to get along really well so I'm excited.  I do miss Tarija though, just cuz I knew everyone, knew the area, knew what to expect.  Here everything is just different.  But I'm sure I'll adjust quick.

Hmm what else?  Food is basicaally the same, just a ton of rice and potatoes basically haha.

Other than that I think that's about it for this week!  If you have any other questions about the area I can answer them next week.  Hope everyone is doing well back in the good old United States!



Love,
Elder Sehestedt

Zone Tarija Central   


No comments:

Post a Comment