I don't have a clue what happened to this last month, but it's gone! And Cambios are in a week! Crazy! I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen, I think I'll stay in my area this time. The thing is we have 37 new missionaries coming in, and only 1 going home! And we had 41 come in last cambio! They are flooding our mission haha. So basically this means that half our mission will be training, yikes! So we'll see what happens! If I had it my way, nothing would change, but you know what that means: Something is gonna change haha.
So this morning we had room inspections, and fortunately they did warn us! So we spent a ton of time cleaning our room a couple days ago! We took everything out of our rooms, cleaned them, swept, mopped, basically a pretty deep clean, took forever haha. We went to the store and bought A&W Creme Soda and Vanilla Ice cream, and made some floats to celebrate our success! So that was fun, and our rooms look super good now, so that's a bonus! And we passed with flying colors :) That's also the reason I'm a little late today, we had to wait for them to come by and check us off!
I was debating whether or not I was going to tell this story. But considering I really have nothing else to write about, I'll do it. This week was not quite as calm as the others, finally a change of events haha. First off, everything is fine and all things are good now! But.... I did have my first hospital visit here in Bolivia! I think it was on Wednesday. I woke up on Tuesday not feeling well, but it was just like a super mild case of food poisoning. Then Wednesday I woke up and didn't feel much better. But that day we went with some other Elders to go play Wally (volleyball with walls) with some members. So we had fun, but afterwards I started breaking out in this rash, and my body was super hot. I was super super itchy, and really dizzy too. So I just laid down for a minute with a cold Coke (that was nice haha). Then I called Sister Dyer, the wife of the Mission President, she is who we call whenever we have health issues, and told her about my symptoms. She said she didn't know what it was, and told me to go to the hospital. So I went to the hospital with my district leader at about 10 pm. They just looked me over and asked me questions, and concluded I was super dehydrated and had parasites too haha. So they prescribed me a ton of meds, and we went and picked them up. I didn't have to pay a dime though, yay mission insurance! Anyway, I took it pretty easy after that, so that's why not much news this week! But like I said, don't worry about anything, I'm totally good now, back to 100%. Hydrated and parasite free haha! It really wasn't that severe at all, just newsworthy cuz it was the first hospital trip!
Other than that I got nothing else. Sounds like everything is all good and well back in the Homeland, so that's always nice to hear! Talk to you guys next week, cross your fingers for the cambios!
Love you and miss you!
Elder Sehestedt
So this morning we had room inspections, and fortunately they did warn us! So we spent a ton of time cleaning our room a couple days ago! We took everything out of our rooms, cleaned them, swept, mopped, basically a pretty deep clean, took forever haha. We went to the store and bought A&W Creme Soda and Vanilla Ice cream, and made some floats to celebrate our success! So that was fun, and our rooms look super good now, so that's a bonus! And we passed with flying colors :) That's also the reason I'm a little late today, we had to wait for them to come by and check us off!
I was debating whether or not I was going to tell this story. But considering I really have nothing else to write about, I'll do it. This week was not quite as calm as the others, finally a change of events haha. First off, everything is fine and all things are good now! But.... I did have my first hospital visit here in Bolivia! I think it was on Wednesday. I woke up on Tuesday not feeling well, but it was just like a super mild case of food poisoning. Then Wednesday I woke up and didn't feel much better. But that day we went with some other Elders to go play Wally (volleyball with walls) with some members. So we had fun, but afterwards I started breaking out in this rash, and my body was super hot. I was super super itchy, and really dizzy too. So I just laid down for a minute with a cold Coke (that was nice haha). Then I called Sister Dyer, the wife of the Mission President, she is who we call whenever we have health issues, and told her about my symptoms. She said she didn't know what it was, and told me to go to the hospital. So I went to the hospital with my district leader at about 10 pm. They just looked me over and asked me questions, and concluded I was super dehydrated and had parasites too haha. So they prescribed me a ton of meds, and we went and picked them up. I didn't have to pay a dime though, yay mission insurance! Anyway, I took it pretty easy after that, so that's why not much news this week! But like I said, don't worry about anything, I'm totally good now, back to 100%. Hydrated and parasite free haha! It really wasn't that severe at all, just newsworthy cuz it was the first hospital trip!
Other than that I got nothing else. Sounds like everything is all good and well back in the Homeland, so that's always nice to hear! Talk to you guys next week, cross your fingers for the cambios!
Love you and miss you!
Elder Sehestedt
| Celebrating our victory when we cleaned our room! Ice cream, Cream Soda, Chocolate Milk, and yes, that's Peanut Butter haha. I got a little carried away I know ;) |
| Here's all the meds they hooked me up with! The red stuff is for rehydration, it was basically just like Powerade, surprisingly didn't taste horrible! |
No comments:
Post a Comment