Monday, April 15, 2013

6 Months!

Just two more days and I finally have 6 months!  It's crazy how fast time is starting to go, this last week just disappeared!  Fun fact though, all the sister missionaries who enter the MTC this week, will arrive home at the same time that I do.....  Seems fair haha ;)

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed the novel I wrote last week, cuz this time there will be no such thing!  It was a fairly normal week, so nothing exciting to write about, thats why I spent some extra time writing some personal emails to you guys, I feel like that's better though!

We did have a baptism this week!  The catch is that she just turned 8 years old, and is the Bishop's daughter.  Which means that we don't count it in our numbers or anything, because obviously she isn't a convert haha.  But we did help teach her a little bit, and we helped set up the Baptism and all that good stuff, so it was fun.  And afterwards the family pulled out a ton of refreshments!  Sandwiches, ice cream, cake, soda, it was awesome!

We also did a bunch of service this week.  The landlord of our house owns a formal shirt company or something like that.  So we went over to his house, which is also basically his factory, and helped them out.  They basically just receive these giant shipments of shirts, and we help them iron, fold, tag, and package them.  So the work isn't hard at all, but it takes forever.  I can't even begin to tell you how many shirts I have packaged these last two weeks, enough to clothe a village that's for sure!

Other than that really nothing newsworthy.  Just a good normal week.  All is well here, and we are already halfway through this cambio! Crazy huh?  Hope you are all doing well!  Talk to you next week! 

Love you and miss you guys!
Elder Sehestedt



Q & A Time:

How often do you get to go to the Cochabamba Temple?
I hear we go to the temple every other transfer, so once every 3 months.  But with any luck I'll be back in Tarija next temple trip :)


What is the weather like in your new area?
HOT.  I don't get it, we are supposed to be moving in to winter, but it sure doesn't feel like it.  Only in the mornings is it cold, other than that I sweat.

How does the area differ from Tarija?
My new area is a giant vertical hill.  But I'm getting use to it.  Tarija is a ton cleaner, and the people are a little nicer and more cheery.  And for some reason I am in love with Tarija.  It's kinda funny.

What about the ward?
The ward is a lot smaller, only about 80 or so people come, but we have a ton of less actives. 

What about the food?
The food is pretty similar.  Rice, chicken, potatoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment