Monday, September 15, 2014

The White Flag

The subject line is in reference to Nascar races, where they throw out the white flag when there is only one lap left in the race; and is not in reference to the white flag in a battle haha.  Although now that I think about it, the two are both very applicable this week!

Only one more week guys!  Can you believe it?? That's just nuts, and honestly I cant even comprehend it right now.  Like it doesn't even feel real, but i know it is!  In just 9 days I will be landing in SLC, so pumped!

Anyway, this week we were super busy!  For once I actually have stuff to right about, weird right?  We did some service this week with one of the members in the branch here.  He was doing some construction on his house, and once they finished up the work they through all the garbage, dirt, dry wall, bricks, etc, on the side of his house.  So he called the four of us, and a dump truck, and we just went to town for about four hours shoveling all this stuff into the back of a dump truck.  It was a lot, but we had a good time doing it too.

This week I was also able to visit with the Olivera Family for the first time since leaving Rosedal.  Back in December Elder Garcia and I helped them get married and then baptized them, so it was awhile back!  And afterwards they sent me out to Tupiza, so I haven't been able to see them.  But on Saturday me and my comp met up with them and they invited us out to dinner and ice cream, so it was really cool.  It was awesome to see them and hear that they are doing good!  The Mom and Dad are both taking the Temple Preparation classes so they can receive their endowments in the coming months, so that was awesome to hear.  Really some of the best news I've had on the mission, and just the coolest thing to hear as a missionary, that one of the families you taught and baptized is planning on going to the temple and being sealed as a family for all eternity.

On Friday our zone of missionaries along with three or four others had a conference in Cocha with Elder Christopher Waddell, who is the 1st counselor in the Area Presidency (the "area" being Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, and Bolivia), and that was awesome.  He is a really cool guy, and man does he know a lot!  The conference was about 6 hours long, and he was just captivating to listen too, and he was just throwing doctrine out all over the place haha.  He shared a lot of awesome things, and in all honesty a lot of stuff that would have been great to know or have heard about 6 months ago, and not with just a week left in the mission haha.  But it was still a great conference, probably one of the best I've had my whole mission.

And I think that about wraps up the week!  This morning we went paintballing as a zone, and I totally went Rambo on everyone, put the team on my back and dragged us all to victory haha.  It was sick today, and I was tearing it up, coming back home I'm definitely gonna have to get into paintballing!

Well, that's it, on to the final week.  The last week of the mish... still cant wrap my ahead around that.  Honestly I cant promise I will write next week.  Allegedly all the missionaries heading home have a gigantor conference on Monday that we have to go to, so they might not give us time.  But if not, not a big deal.  Cuz I leave here Tuesday, and get home Wednesday, so if you don't hear from me next Monday, just know I'll see you in the airport on Wednesday.

Elder Sehestedt, over and out.

See you Stateside!


No comments:

Post a Comment