Monday, March 25, 2013

¡CAMBIOS!

Well its here, the moment you have all been waiting for!  Cambios!  I lost so much sleep last night it was nuts.  I officially am not a fan of cambios, they are stressful.  I just spent all day yesterday thinking about what was gonna happen, cuz they don't call us and inform us until about 10 30 at night!  So you just sit at your desk, watching the seconds tick by on your watch, waiting for the phone to ring.  Then when it finally does you jump up so fast you knock a ton of crap over sprinting to the phone.  Then the rest of the night you are coming down off of that giant adrenaline kick.  So laid in bed until about 12 30, cuz I was wide awake!

So are you ready to know?  After 14 weeks here in the city of Tarija......................  I'm leaving! :(  Kinda bummed, Tarija is so awesome.  But I'm going to Cochabamba, specifically a place called Jaiwaiko (pronounced hi-why-koh).  And within Jaiwaiko, I will be in a place called the Cosmos.  The funny thing about it is that Elder Knight, one of my first friends here, was in that same area for the first 9 months of his mission!  Anyway, I have to pack up EVERYTHING! Its gonna be a pain in the neck!  But my flight to Cocha is at 11 am on Wednesday, so I still have a few hours left here!  Crazy right? Should be an interesting change!  I'll meet my new comp in the airport, and from there we will go to our area.  Everyone else in my zone is staying and training!  I think we have like 40 new missionaries in the mish this transfer, so they are splitting areas and companionships here and everyone except our zone leaders is training!  Including my comp, he trains back to back!  Anyway, that's where I'll be found for the next 6 weeks!

Transfers really is the only thing noteworthy this week.  We did a bunch of service this week, mostly cutting down a bunch of weeds in peoples yards with machetes and sickles.  But we managed to have a 20 lesson week again, which is mega impressive with all the service we did!  We had 7 lessons just on Saturday!  Our previous best was 5 in a day, so we crushed that record.  But ya it was a good week.

Oh another thing that is kinda lame is that we have a Baptism scheduled for this Saturday, but by that time I will be in Cocha!  So, I won't get to see it, which is dumb cuz we have been working with this investigator ever since I got here in December!  Oh well, at least she finally decided to be baptized right?

Besides that I got nothing else.  Conference is coming up in a couple weeks, so I am way excited for that, and I get to listen to it in English which makes me even happier!  Its so bizarre to listen to the prophet and apostles in Spanish voices, its just not them!

Talk to you all next week, then I will be able to tell you all about my new area and what its like to be in Cocha!  Wish me luck! 

Love you and miss you guys!
Elder Sehestedt


No comments:

Post a Comment