Monday, March 18, 2013

5 Months!

Well I celebrated my five month anniversary in the mission!  Finally I never have to tell people that I have 20 some odd months left in the mish, I'm down to 19!  It was a fast week, and super cold!  Tarija tried to enter into another ice age, failed thankfully, but it was pretty miserable at points!  Its humid here, so its not a dry cold like Utah.  The cold just cuts into you no matter how many layers you have on, so lets hope that was just a little phase and it won't come back!

Here's some cool news!  For the month of February, our zone, Tarija Central, had the most baptisms in the whole mission!  Out of like 12 zones in Cocha, Potosì, Sucre, Bermejo, Tupiza, and others, we had the most, so that was cool news to hear in our zone meeting!  I don't think we get anything special, just lots of blessing and bragging rights haha.

Transfers are coming up!  Yikes!  The next time I write you guys I will know my fate for the next 6 weeks!  I'm nervous not gonna lie, I have no idea whats going to happen!  I am praying that I stay here in Tarija in my ward.  It was definitley tough at first, but now I have a relationship with the members and the Bishop.  And the Bishop is getting super involved in the mission work which is fantastic!  He just did a complete overhaul of the mission program in the ward, and called a new mission leader, and about 6 new ward missionaries.  Everyone is super excited to work, which is going to make our jobs a lot easier, and we are going to have a lot more success!  This work really is almost impossible without the support of the ward, and fortunately I am blessed to be in a ward that is very supportive and willing to work.  At the beginning it was a little rough cuz nothing was organized, but now that the bishop is behind us and helping us, I have super high hopes for Barrio Progreso!  Time will tell, I just hope I am here to see it!

Last P-day we headed back up to Coimata, so that was fun.  And instead of taking the jungle trail I talked about last time, we literally just walked straight up and through the river.  At the beginning we went jumping from rock to rock and bank to bank, but then we just have in and walked in the river.  Better experience I think, and refreshing cuz it was a hot day.  Anyway I'll send a pic or two of that in a little bit.

Hmm...  What else?  Nothing else really, we had a really good week of work.  We taught 20 lessons this week, with less active members and investigators combined, which for us was a lot!  Not sure how many lessons other missions get, or even other companionships here in Tarija, but 20 for us was a big jump!  And that doesnt count all the people we talk to.  To count as a lesson we have to enter the home, start or end with a prayer, and teach about at least one gospel principle.  So when we just talk to people in the street or in the buses we can't count them.  If we could our numbers would be ridiculous!

Think that's about it for this week.  Hope everyone is happy and healthy!  I miss you guys, talk to you next week, love you!

Love,
Elder Sehestedt


Hiking up through the river to get to the falls


One of my zone leaders, Elder Stuardo and me.


Freezing in the morning, this is how I sleep haha.  Sometimes we
will wake up in the mornings and have to clean up ceiling plaster from the
floor.  It loves to fall on our ironing board for some reason too.
Basically you can't see my bed, its a pic of me and Palacios bed haha.  If you look behind me on the
left you will see our kitchen:  A small fridge and an electric stove
on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment