Monday, January 28, 2013

Survived First Cambio

Well I've survived the first cambio, or transfer if you speak English. Me and Elder Palacios are staying here in the same area in Tarija. But my gringo buddy Elder Knight, who is currently my district leader, gets transferred to Cochabamba to be a zone leader there.  So I'm kinda bummed about that, but excited I get to stay in the same area.

Just a fair warning, this update is gonna be a little bit short.  I still have to send pics and I spent a BUNCH of time answering all of you guys haha.  I think thats better though, I like talking personally to everybody, instead of one generic message for all.  So I have to balance that out.

I celebrate my 100th day in the mish this week.  And by celebrate I mean we did absolutely nothing different haha.  But something to remind of my lack of time in the mish was celebrating someone who had a bunch of time.  730 days actually (thats two years).  We all went to the airport to send of Elder Chrisney, my other gringo buddy.  It was cool cuz we got to go up to the roof and watch him walk out to the plane, we all waved goodbye and watched him take off for home.  Crazy to think that there is actually an end to this journey haha.  Right now there's not really a light at the end of this tunnel, but there will be eventually, time is picking up!

Carnival is about to start up around here, so I'm pretty excited for it!  What I understand is that its basically just like the worlds biggest water fight.  People just camp out in the streets and on their roofs and destroy passerbys with water guns, water balloons, buckets of water, etc.  It sounds nuts.  Yesterday we get attacked for the first time, right after church.  We were in our suits and everything, which was lame cuz my suit clearly says dry clean only.  But we got bombarded by this group of kids, throwing balloons and had big water guns.  I got soaked!  But it was really funny, had to go home and change and everything.  But Carnival really starts on the 11th, so we are gonna have fun, at least I hope haha.

Other than that it's been a normal week.  Just teaching our investigators and lots of less active members.  Sorry for the lack of detail, but I want to send pics!  Hope you all are doing well, and reading your scriptures like a said last week.  I'm at section 80 of the Doctrine and Covenants, so I'm making progress.

I miss you and love you all!
Elder Sehestedt

Here's our zone for this cambio.  Bummed that my favorite people are
leaving unfortunately.  But its a really fun group of missionaries!

Elder Chrisney on the left, Elder Knight on the right.  Last P-day we went to a
big dirty lake called San Jacinto.






This is the view from the back of the dam at San Jacinto.
On the dam of San Jacinto.  You can't really see, but its pretty cool
and jungley behind me.  Very south American like haha.
Just some statue of soldiers that I though was pretty cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment